Salesforce Winter ’23 Release preview is released by the tech giant. The preview includes hundreds of new features on display before the release becomes generally available on October 17. This second article about the release looks at the updates to the Salesforce industry clouds.
Salesforce says the release includes innovations that enable companies to automate and scale complex business processes. In addition to personalise customer experiences, and drive growth efficiently.
The company says the Salesforce Winter ’23 Release includes a range of new features and enhancements related to Lightning Experience, Salesforce Flow, Lightning Web Component, Apex, Experience Cloud, Einstein Automate, Customer Data Platform, Field Service, Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (aka Pardot), Quip, CRM Analytics, Enablement Sites and APIs, Financial Services, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Media, Energy & Utilities, Communications and Net Zero Cloud. While some of the features will be available in October when the release is live, others will require administrators to configure and/or activate them.
Here is a detailed list of the Salesforce Winter ’23 Release features.
Salesforce Winter ’23 Release Features
New Sales enhancements
Sales to increase rep productivity with flexible processes and automation. The release includes:
- Dynamic forms enhancements provide end-users more flexibility with fields and sections to display on page layouts.
- Sales cadence screen flows.
- Functionality to expand selling power and automation with admin-enabled screenflows triggered based on cadence step advancement.
- This release enhances customer relationships and helps to reduce the cost of administrating relationships.
- The Actionable Relationship Centre (ARC) is improved with a new graph template that administrators can customise, leveraging Einstein analytics. This shortens the time needed to generate graphs.
- Improved KYC compliance with a new workflow that helps users validate the caller using information already in Salesforce. Salesforce has also added a KYC data model that helps improve the processes for identity verification, risk assessment, and screening checks of parties.
- The release adds a new dashboard, Analytics for Retail Banking. This dashboard provides insights for Branch Unit Related Records and identifies the branches and bankers with the maximum number of leads and opportunities.
- For insurance companies, the FSC Insurance Analytics Fast Start template enables users to create dashboards quickly to analyse their Book of Business.
Analytics with intelligent analytics experience
- Einstein Discovery Live Predictions on Snowflake supports predictions in Salesforce powered directly by Snowflake datasets.
- CRM Analytics Home enhancements streamline your analytics assets in Analytics Home.
- Einstein discovery model inspection discovers more about a model than just its predictions.
- UI Enhancements discover more insights through crafting experiences with the new interactions.
Healthcare and Life Sciences
- For Life Sciences, there is what Salesforce describe as a new “flavour” for key use cases in the Life Sciences sector.
- Improvements for Healthcare include a new Advanced Therapy Management feature. It allows booking multiple appointments across multiple locations for more complex cases.
- This is strengthened with the introduction of Virtual Care, integrated with Amazon Chime, which allows users and patients to access video appointments, improving accessibility to Healthcare regardless of geographical or physical limitations.
- Using OmniStudio and Discovery Framework, users can now create customer health assessments. It ensures that patient records are kept up to date and can identify new health risks or concerns with analysis.
- For administrators, there are new and changed objects. Salesforce has extended the timeline for supporting the EHR Data Model and the transition to the Clinical Data Model.
- There are also new Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) APIs.
- Account engagement: External actions register prospects for webinars and send out surveys in the Engagement Studio programmes.
- Engagement: Push enhancements power to all customer messaging with a single platform in real-time.
- Intelligence: Ecommerce Marketing Insights uncover marketing optimisations to enhance eCommerce programmes.
- CDP Connector for Google Cloud Storage. Ingest data from Google Cloud Storage into CDP to better understand and engage customers.
- For Sales, there are improvements to Sales Agreements, Account Forecasting, and Advanced Account Forecasting.
- The update includes the introduction of weekly sales agreements to enhance planning. In turn, alerts are sent along with suggested next actions when targets are missed on forecasts.
- There is stronger support for partner relationships with partner visit management. This feature enables representatives to assess distributor performance, renew warranties or sales agreements, resolve cases, or upsell products during visits. Field reps can schedule, perform and complete visits easily.
- For administrators, there is an improved onboarding experience with guided help to set up the manufacturing cloud. This includes links to set-up pages, help pages and Trailhead resources for further guidance.
The press release also listed changes to other Industry Clouds, but the release notes did not contain further details. They included
- Order Management Analytics
- Enterprise Self-Service
- MuleSoft Starter for Communications Cloud
Energy and Utilities
- Customer Self-Service
- API Integration Suite
- MuleSoft Starter for Energy & Utilities Cloud
- Subscriber Analytics for Media
- Loyalty Management for Media
- Advertising Clean Room
Net Zero Cloud
- Carbon Credit Allocation
- Water Management
- Supplier Product Emission Factors Management
- Enterprise Times: What does this mean
This is another substantive update from Salesforce. For Salesforce customers, their administrators should pay close attention to the changes to objects and the new functionality they can now roll out to take advantage of. The new set-up wizards align with the recent announcement of Salesforce Easy. It simplifies the onboarding process for all customers, offering the promise of self-service.
More information is likely to flow out in the coming weeks, and Salesforce will no doubt provide more detailed information as well. With Dreamforce occurring in person this year, people will also be able to see and hear in more depth about these and future updates.
Salesforce will have to consider making more fundamental changes to how it organises and structure its products and services. This may be reflected in future releases.
Checkout The list of Top 10 Cloud Based CRM Software