Are you Wondering how to post on Instagram from Computer? You may already be able to use a PC or Mac to create, edit, filter, and upload Instagram photos. We’ll demonstrate you how.
Facebook confirmed recently that Instagram will introduce the option to write and publish posts directly from your PC. Instagram users could only upload stories from their phone app until recently.
Being a blogger I can understand the need of flexibility to use Instagram for publishing your stories directly from the desktop. After all no one wants use a platform that limit users from sharing their content.
How to post on Instagram from desktop?
Maybe you’re one of the fortunate few who already has the function turned on, Instagram will notify you with a pop-up when you log in, according to 9to5Mac. And if you do, here’s how to publish to Instagram from your computer:
- In the top right corner, click the Plus button. It’ll show in the middle of the screen, between the messages and the compass icons.
- Select photographs or movies from your computer or drag and drop them.
- Make changes to your post with filters and edits.
- Add a caption and a geotag to the post, as well as tag others in it.
- Click the Share button.
On either Android or iPhone, this is how to conceal likes on your Instagram page and how to capture the finest photos available.
Alternatives to Post on Instagram from Computer
You can upload to Instagram from your Desktop or Mac using the methods shown below. We’ll also teach you about using Hootsuite, which operates on both Mac and Windows.
1. Using Hootsuite: Post on Instagram from your computer
Hootsuite allows you to post to Instagram from a PC or Mac. It’s also really simple. Hootsuite provides a brief overview of how to publish on Instagram in the this video.
2. Using Creator Studio: Instagram Post from Desktop
If you prefer Instagram to other social media platforms and don’t mind not having all of your accounts in one place, Creator Studio might be a fantastic fit for you.
How to use Creator Studio to post to Instagram:
- In Creator Studio, make sure you’re connected to Instagram.
- Go to the Instagram area of the menu.
- Create a new post by clicking Create Post.
- Go to Instagram Feed and choose it.
- Select the account to which you want to post (if you have more than one Instagram account connected).
- Add a caption and a location to your photo (optional).
- To upload photographs or videos, click Add Content.
- Choose one of the following two options: To add new content, click From File Upload & To post content that you’ve shared on Facebook, click From Facebook Page.
- Click Publish
3. Mac Instagram Uploader: How To Post on Instagram from MAC
- Log in to your Instagram account using Mac’s default browser, Safari.
- Go to the Advanced part of the Preferences menu after clicking on the Preferences menu.
Click the Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar button next to the menu bar.
- It will take you to the Develop Menu, in which you must select the User-Agent option.
- From here, you can select the Instagram mobile interface you would like to use.
- After that, your tab will be updated once more, and you’ll be ready to start uploading photos and videos from your Mac.
4. How to Post on Instagram Using a Scheduler
Alternatively, scheduling Instagram posts is one of the simplest techniques on our list. You can always utilize a scheduler and arrange your stream ahead of time to avoid any mistakes in the future. There are numerous schedulers available to help you with this work.
However, if you want to share your work without receiving push alerts, we recommend selecting one with an auto-publish function. Later provides one such Instagram Scheduler.
- The first step is to upload all of your photos and video files to Later’s Media repository.
- You can use different labels to organize your material and make it easier to discover later.
- The next step is to create a weekly or monthly content calendar.
- Open the calendar, then go to the week tab and double-click on the time window that you want to use.
- Drag and drop your stuff from the library onto the calendar.
- You can easily arrange your Instagram feed ahead of time now that you’ve scheduled your posts for higher engagement.
- If you have a business account, you may use the auto publish option to have your content automatically uploaded from a PC or Mac machine.