Social media gives you the right platform to kick-start your business. As per the current stats, there are around 4.5 billion social media users worldwide.
Social media usage is increasing yearly, meaning users love spending time on social media, like reading & watch valuable and relevant content and promoting themselves.
The question that hinders everyone is which social media platform is best and where should I promote.
I did some research on which Social media platform is more suitable for beginners and which one is more suitable for established businesses. Below are the Top 5 Social Media Platforms that could help engage customers faster than other Social Media sites.
Before we dive into Social media platforms, make sure you are done with:
- Plan on paper: Everything starts small; before you think of becoming a Millionaire, start small. Write down what you want to achieve with your idea and how you can achieve it.
- Business Plan
- Social Media Strategy
- Niche Market
- Competitor Analysis
- Target Market
Engage Customers on Social Media
Whether you are a start-up or an established organisation, to keep the revenue cycle going on, nothing is better than promoting it on Social Media.
How To Use Facebook To Engage Customers
With 1.9 billion active users on its platform, Facebook is the most popular social media site in the world and 3rd most popular website in the world.
Facebook has over 200 million businesses.
The number of users is not the only reason you should promote your business on Facebook; you have to develop a good plan and social media strategy.
- Set up a Facebook Business Page
- Define Goals which you want to achieve through Facebook
- Define Target Audience
- Don’t go All-IN: I know how exciting it is to launch your business page on social media, but as they say with ‘Power Comes Great Responsibilities’. You can’t manage all pages simultaneously until and unless you have a social media team. Be clear with your goals. Don’t run multiple ads all over the world; Start Niche.
- Don’t Play Smart: Focus on Organic Traffic.
|How to Setup a Facebook Business Page?|
How to Create a Facebook Page for Business in 2022?
Facebook Page Roles Management in 2022
How can I Promote Facebook Page? Advertise Your Business
How to Use Instagram To Engage Customers
Like Facebook, Instagram has approx 1.4 billion active users, which an advertisement could reach.
In the past year, the total number of users that advertisers can target with ads on Instagram climbed by approximately 7 million, which is +0.5 per cent.
- Define Goals which you want to achieve through Instagram
- Define Target Audience
- Promote through Reels: As per the current survey, it has been found that the content shared through Reels gets more views and engages viewers compared to normal posts.
- Share link in Bio: The downside of Instagram is that you can share a direct link on posts. To direct users to your post, you can use tools like Linktree.
- Promote with locally famous Instagram users
How to Use Twitter To Engage Customers
Twitter is ranked 15th on the world’s most ‘active’ social media platforms.
Although you have few words to share on Twitter, still you can trend well if your content is mass appealing.
- Define goals you want to achieve through Twitter: Set measurable goals.
- Use Twitter #tags and trends
- Schedule Tweets
- Tweet when most users are active
- Engage with your audience
- Follow relevant businesses
- Use tools to share the short link
How to Use YouTube To Engage Customers
YouTube is US’s second most famous and most popular social media platform. With a potential to reach 2.562 billion people with ads.
YouTube is only for businesses looking to promote video content, but compared to other Social media platforms, YouTube still pays well for clicks.
- Be consistent
- Don’t repeat your content
- Present better: You don’t have to be unique but make content that is interesting for users
- Think mobile: Create content that is more suitable for mobile; 3 out of 4 adults view YouTube on mobile.
- Influence Viewers
- Avoid negative content creation
- Think ahead of time: Pick the Trend before others do
- GO Affiliate
How to Use TikTok To Engage Customers
Despite the fact that Tiktok has received a backlash because of various reasons users and is even banned in countries like India. TikTok still has a market value and is highly popular among young ones.
TikTok registers over 1 billion worldwide active users. According to the most recent data, marketers may now reach around 10.4 per cent of all individuals globally using TikTok commercials.
Marketers can target advertisements to users aged 13 and up using TikTok’s self-service advertising tools.
However, the company’s products do not reveal advertising audience statistics for users under the age of 18.
- TikTok Business Account
- Use #tags
- Engage with other TikTokers
- Use Special Effects
- Think mobile
- Influence Viewers
Here are the 5 most popular Social Media Platforms with statistics and data to help you plan your social strategy for the year. We hope you find them beneficial!
Interested in seeing how these platforms stack up against other major social media platforms? Keep an eye on our blogs on Marketing and Social Media strategy.