Considering using WhatsApp Business, but wondering how? Here is the step-by-step guide on How to get started with WhatsApp Business app.
Ever since its inception, WhatsApp’s app design (and therefore its intended use) has evolved.
In 2009, WhatsApp could only be used to send and receive texts; with time, users could voice call, video call, send and receive gifs and emojis, and form groups. Today, WhatsApp continues evolving and has penetrated a new niche: Businesses.
What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business is a free global messaging and customer support app available for both Android and iOS. It helps streamline customer communication and business workflow, while adding a personal touch to it as well.
While it was created specifically for small businesses, to cater to bigger enterprises, WhatsApp eventually introduced the WhatsApp Business API.
The WhatsApp Business API allows large businesses to deal with high-volume messages and can be accessed across multiple devices, making working with a team easier.
7-Step Guide to get started with WhatsApp Business app
Follow this easy and effortless guide to get started with WhatsApp Business app
1. Download and launch the WhatsApp Business app:
The WhatsApp Business app is free to download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Click the WhatsApp Business icon on your home screen.
2. Read the Terms of Service:
Read the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service, then click on Agree and Continue to accept the terms.
Select your country of operation from the drop-down list to add your country code, then enter your phone number in international phone number format. Click Done or Next, then tap Ok to receive your 6-digit registration code via SMS or phone call. To complete registration, enter your 6-digit code.
Example: If you are from Netherlands your country code will look like “+31”.
4. Allow access to contacts and photos:
Contacts can be added to the app from your phone’s address book. You can also allow access to your phone’s photos, videos, contacts and files.
5. Create an account:
Fill out your business name, select a business category, and choose a profile picture.
6. Build your business profile:
Click on EXPLORE > Business profile. Here, you can add important business information like your business address, description, hours, and more.
7. Start a chat.
Your business profile is now set up. Click chat sign, then search for or select a contact to message. Enter a message in the text field. Then, click Send.
Looking for some WhatsApp News? Checkout, WhatsApp in 2023 Will Fully Stop Working On These Phones.
Explore Other WhatsApp Business Tools
The WhatsApp Business app has several tools to help you run your business efficiently. To explore these tools, go to your chats screen. Tap More Options on Android or Settings on iPhone. Then, tap Business tools.
- Catalog: Showcase and share your products and services within your business account. Learn how to create a catalog on Android or iPhone.
- Short link: Make it easy for new customers to connect with you. Share the auto-generated short link with new customers to enable them to message your business. Learn how to use short links on Android or iPhone.
- Messaging tools: Use WhatsApp messaging templates to build key conversations in advance. Create automated greeting messages to engage with new customers. Set away messages to let customers know when you’ll be back, or build quick replies to answer frequently asked questions. For more information on messaging tools, read the following articles:
- How to use greeting messages on Android or iPhone
- How to use away messages on Android or iPhone
- How to use quick replies on Android or iPhone
- Labels: Sort your conversations with customers into helpful categories, like “New customers” or “Pending orders.” Learn how to use labels on Android or iPhone.
Do let us know if you found this blog on get started with WhatsApp Business app helpful for your Business
Also Read: This HubSpot Feature Helps You Keep Your Customers Happy